[obol] Coos Birds 6/12/2014

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 04:25:07 -0700

Joe Metzler reports that a SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER continues at the mouth of
Tenmile Creek in Coos.  He said there is also a lingering WHIMBREL that
appears to have a bad leg.  He has had a few BONAPARTE'S GULLS there the
last few days also.  Back in Coos Bay he found a flock of LESSER
GOLDFINCHES at Pony Creek in North Bend, an unusually close to the coast
report for this time of year.

I don't have much to add except the usual YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT and WILLOW
FLYCATCHERS over in Eastside where I go with Teak, this is near where the
Painted Bunting was located last winter and is about as far north and west
that these species breed in the county.

Not to late for some other surprises.

Happy Friday the 13th- my Mom always said it was her lucky day, I hope to
carry on the tradition!
ENJOY,
Tim R
Coos Bay