[obol] Re: Columbia County

  • From: Hannah Fritz <hannah.fritz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 08:35:11 -0700

FYI for anyone looking to see Black Phoebes, these birds have been present
almost daily since I first reported them in June of last year. They've
raised at least two broods, likely more. They are quite conspicuous and
easy to find. Hard to miss, in fact. The only time they seem to become a
little less conspicuous, where you might see or hear only one bird for
example, is shortly after one brood fledges. Otherwise they're pretty much
a daily fixture.

Hannah Fritz
St. Helens, OR

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 6:05 PM, Bobbett Pierce <ensatina3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Max Smith reported a BLACK PHOEBE a week ago in the town of St. Helens
near the water treatment plant, and I finally checked it out today, a week
later. The phoebe is still there, a county first for me! Thanks, Max. It's
easy to see: stand in the middle of the road by the treatment plant (no
cars -- a dead end) and it's flycatching near the 2 bird nestboxes at the
edge of Nob Hill Nature Park. The little park there is a nice walk, too --
lots of WAXWINGS -- but the mosquitoes were annoying.

Lona Pierce