[obol] Re: Cal Towhee Call note

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dennis Vroman <dpvroman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 17:43:10 -0800

Who knows what I heard.  Whatever it was didn't come out.  Ken Burton heard
not only the chip notes but a song also back on 12 Feb. It seems a real
coincidence I would hear the same kind of call in the same place so go
figure.  I am still holding out hope the bird continues and someone
actually sees it. I heard it call about 8 times in a half hour period, no
Spotted Towhee calls or GC Sparrow calls I have ever heard or anything
besides that very metallic chink. The bird would not pish out either- grrr.

Tim