[obol] [COBOL] Lower bridge, Terrebonne, Oregon, Deschutes County

  • From: "judy" <jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 15:21:05 -0700

-----Original Message----- From: judy

Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:09 PM
To: cobol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [COBOL] Lower bridge, Terrebonne, Oregon

Wednesday Weeders, AKA W Birders, spent the morning at Lower Bridge doing
both birding and weeding. Thanks to everyone for good effort, we got rid of
bags full of young sprouting spotted knapweeds.  Swallows were busy over the
river as we arrived but were very high in the sky feeding later in the
morning, all Tree or Violet Greens.  We were unable to find the Black capped
Chickadee but tried for it. We enjoyed Northern Harrier and Ferruginous
Hawks in the sky, but saw no sign of what Craig posted this a.m., a white
bird along the roadside that was described as a Kite.   There was one flock
of many dozen kinglets and chickadees along the trail but no Black capped in
with the flock.  Canyon Wren at the end of the public assess trail, Marsh
Wren part way from bridge to end.

Kim Kathol joined us for weeding and birding when he finished cleaning his
Kestrel boxes.  He showed  us a handful of small pellets from one of his
boxes, perhaps a small Owl used it for a winter roost for a while.  Thanks
to Kim for hauling the bags of litter and knapweed away for us. And thanks
to Cal who carried  his spade along and dug up a lot of the big plants with
long taproots.  Perhaps Merle ebirded some of these birds.

This report was mailed for Judy Meredith by http://birdnotes.net
Canada Goose
Mallard
Common Merganser
Great Blue Heron
Northern Harrier
Red-tailed Hawk
Ferruginous Hawk
American Kestrel
Unidentified gull
Rock Dove
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher
Northern Flicker
Western Scrub-Jay
Black-billed Magpie
American Crow
Common Raven
Tree Swallow
Violet-green Swallow
Mountain Chickadee
Canyon Wren
Marsh Wren
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Townsend's Solitaire
American Robin
European Starling
Spotted Towhee
Song Sparrow
Golden-crowned Sparrow
Red-winged Blackbird

Birders today, welcome to Bob Burke, nice to see Kim Kathol, and our
regulars, Rose Kline, Diane Burgess, Cal Elshoff, Sherrie Pierce, Merle
Greenway, Howard Horvath and  Judy Meredith. Next week all day to Fort Rock
and Summer Lake.  Good birding, jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx