[obol] Re: [COBOL] Boreal Owls - Note of Caution!

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Craig Miller <gismiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 09:21:25 -0700

Hi Craig & All,

Thanks for letting me off the hook, Craig, but I did suggest "calling a
bit." I wasn't thinking all the way through, and I agree with the note
of caution, especially regarding use of playback.

I would further suggest that anyone who wants to look for Boreal Owls
could focus on "going where no one has gone before," rather than hitting
the traditional one or two places where owls are most likely to be
impacted by repeated attention. With bare ground up to 5200 ft., there
are a lot of places to check.

Good birding,
Joel