[obol] Re: CBCs - Dates

  • From: HARVEY W SCHUBOTHE <ninerharv2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "joel.geier@xxxxxxxx" <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>, "OBOL obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 09:33:31 -0700

As Joel and others said, they will be on our OBA website. The National Audubon
Society will also have similar information on their site under their CBC tab.

As for the South Coast, we currently have Coquille Valley (Bandon to Coquille)
scheduled for January 2 and Coos Bay will go on Dec 20. Have not heard from
Port Orford yet.

On the CBC issue in general that has arisen in the last day or two, I don't
think our discussion will have much impact in the scheme of things. It is an
Audubon driven activity and our circles make up a pretty small part of the
whole. How and if it moves forward, protocol and all, are issues that need to
be raised in their hierarchy. I do agree with the general direction of the
discussion that CBCs are more than just about the science.

Harv Schubothe

Subject: [obol] Re: CBCs - Dates
From: joel.geier@xxxxxxxx
To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: watice@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 08:37:11 -0700

Bill & All,

Don Albright has been gathering dates for the schedule, to be posted on
the OBA website as he does every year. A few counts have been scheduled
but it's early in the process.

A few that I've heard about are Yaquina Bay on Saturday, Jan 2nd
followed by both Eugene and Airlie-Albany on Sunday, Jan 3rd.

Good birding,
Joel

--
Joel Geier