[obol] C G. Dove still around 10/31/2015

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 15:06:15 -0700

We spent the night in Yachats and this morning found the COMMON GROUND-DOVE
feeding with a flock of juncoes/sparrows south of the Presbyterian Church
in the playground area as earlier reported.

We then went up to Newport and walked the south jetty road- no sign of the
booby when we were there (before 10:30AM) so it is interesting it showed
back up later in the AM. We did jump a LAPLAND LONGSPUR in the sand dune
area past the end of the road on the south jetty.

Lots of gulls at every river mouth along the way back but I didn't stop to
check them out in most locations. Still lots of Heerman's around though
and quite a few Herring in also.

No "heavy" rain yet here in Coos Bay, lots of wind though.

Oh, heard that Knute Andersson had a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW- not sure on the
location, somewhere near Langlois I imagine. Also Christi Loring e-mailed
me yesterday that she has a N. MOCKINGBIRD coming to her place in Brookings
now. She hosted a Blue Jay a few years back.

Happy Halloween!
Tim R
back in Coos Bay