[obol] Brownsville Prairie Falcon and Golden Eagle (Linn Co)

  • From: Stefan Schlick <greenfant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 22:19:08 -0500

I probably wouldn't have made the trip to Linn Co, had I known earlier that the
Burrowing Owl was no longer seen. I didn't see it. So, I decided to make the
best out of it.
Two Rough-legged Hawks, one along Diamond Hill Rd and another at the
intersection Gap & Belts Rd were a good start.
Halfway down the north-south part of Harrison Rd NE of Brownsville I found a
Prairie Falcon.  I then looped back south towards Brownsville along Brownsville
Rd to check out a body of water that was showing on my DeLorme. It turned out
to be drained, but there was an adult Golden Eagle among 4 Bald Eagles motoring
overhead.
The Barrow's Goldeneye show below Foster Dam east of Sweet Home was impressive
with about 35 birds.
The large pond bounded by 20 & Eicher Rd yielded 15+ Canvasbacks.
Stefan SchlickHillsboro, OR