[obol] Brownsmead Birds today

  • From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, swalalahos <swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 22:30:33 -0700

Along with the putative GOLDEN EAGLE, which was hanging out with
5 BALD EAGLES, 4 TURKEY VULTURES and a mess of COMMON RAVENS on
something dead near Bughole, I saw several other interesting things.

A probable RED-NAPED SAPSUCKER was along Jackson Rd.  I saw it fly
into a blooming cherry tree, but it flew out again before I had a chance
to get good enough looks to definitively rule out mixed ancestry.

An AMERICAN BITTERN flushed from the wetland near the Barendse Rd
bridge.  I also heard two VIRGINIA RAILS there.

I heard the first singing SAVANNAH SPARROWS of the season today.  I also
saw several COMMON YELLOWTHROATS and a single BARN SWALLOW.  A
hummingbird feeder near the end of Rudat Rd had at least 5 RUFOUS
HUMMINGBIRDS and an ANNA'S all sitting together.  More hummingbirds were
in the willows that lined the road.

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR