[obol] Re: Broughton Beach ROSS'S GULL VERIFICATION?

  • From: Jules Evens <avocetra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "billstinj@xxxxxxxxx" <billstinj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 16:01:50 -0800

I took the opportunity to walk out there this afternoon, but forgot my camera.
There were 5 Bonaparte's gulls amidst the flock of Mews, California and mixed
big pink-legged gulls (no Thayer's). Also, 1 Black-bellied Plover and about a
dozen Dunlin.
Jules Evens
Portland

Sent by magic

On Nov 2, 2015, at 3:21 PM, James Billstine <billstinj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Linda,

Thanks for reporting the Gulls and plovers. In any case it's awesome that you
were out trying to identify them and made an attempt. I am definitely guilty
of avoiding the literal headaches of trying to identify individuals in a gull
flock.

Jimmy

On Nov 2, 2015 12:31 PM, "James Billstine" <billstinj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Obolers,

A ROSS'S Gull would be a very rare bird for Oregon. Before people get
excited/ frustrated, can anyone verify this with photos? Don't be afraid to
make mistakes and learn from them...