[obol] Black-vented negative South Lincoln County

  • From: Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 13:42:58 -0700

I did a search for Black-vented Shearwaters off of Yachats and Cape Perpetua in
the late morning but found none. Great viewing conditions as reported by
others due to lack of wind and a low swell. Observed about 500 sooty
shearwaters including some way out sitting in groups on the water. I also
observed 12 pink-footed shearwaters. All flying shearwaters were headed south.

Best observations included a Minke Whale close in off of Yachats and a Humpback
Whale off Cape Perpetua.

Roy