[obol] Black-Headed Grosbeak FOS -Silverton

  • From: John Thomas <johnpam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oregon birding online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 16:55:43 -0700

We had a female BH Grosbeak around noon today. First of Season for us out here
north of Silverton.

Only warblers seen on our place are Orange-Crowned and Yellow-Rumped. Nothing
like the waves seen elsewhere but a few coming by. Big flock of Band-tail
Pigeons (40+) hanging around with both dove species. Two Acorn Woodpeckers
showing up from the hillside above us the past week after a long lull from last
year. Pine Siskins coming through in larger groups now and American Goldfinch
building to groups instead of one or two. WC, GC and even the Harris's Sparrow
(seen last Sunday) still around. Also larger numbers of PIne Siskins (10+)
mixed in with other finches.

Cooper's Hawk very vocal along with the Barn Owls and GH Owls.

Good Birding,
John Thomas -Silverton/Mt Angel area