[obol] Bit of a scare, just now

  • From: Frank Kolwicz <fhkolwicz1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 23:32:43 -0800

A large animal, presumably a bird, struck my first floor LR window just a minute ago. My pulse is still a bit up from the sound of it. I went out with a flash light and found nothing. Maybe a dust mark on the window will provide some information in the morning.

I've heard EC Doves hitting the window in daytime, presumably when a hawk was working my feeders and this sounded like that, but I can't imagine what would fly into my well-lit bay window, below a small tree, at this hour, it can't look like an inviting place to roost or an escape route.

OK, an owl is probably around, but would a dove-sized bird go for the room light to escape?

Any and all ideas and experiences appreciated and I'll follow up if I find out anything else,

Frank
in Monmouth
POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JOIN OR QUIT: //www.freelists.org/list/obol