[obol] Birds I COULD Identify

  • From: "Sally Nelson" <nelson_sm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 07:13:35 -0700

OBOLinks,

The light wind upslope Friday morning diverted a nice bunch of migrants into
our big oaks and other nearby trees where they fed and chased and generally
looked like kids at a dessert buffet.There were uncountable (by me = more than
2 or 3) Western Tanagers, Warbling Vireos, Yellow Warblers, Wilson's Warblers,
Cedar Waxwings, and Western Wood-Pewees all at once. Uphill were at least 4
Band-tailed Pigeons moving across and just a few steps downhill into the start
of the field was a pair of Lazuli Buntings and a robustly "Fitz-bew"ing Willow
Flycatcher.

And then there was the mystery Hover Hawk, but it is in the other post.

Happy migration,
Sally