[obol] Bank Swallow at Fernhill Wetlands

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 11:55:34 -0700

Late Sunday evening, near the conclusion of a big day with Phil Kahler's 8th
graders from Tualatin Valley Academy, I found a Bank Swallow at Fernhill
Wetlands. It was with many other swallows feeding over the front ponds. We also
had two N. Rough-wingeds and two Eared Grebes are still present.

Our group ended seeing 139 species during a day that started and ended in
Hillsboro with stops along the way at Killin Wetlands, Timber Rd., North Fork
Wolf Cr. Rd., Ecola S. P., Nehalem Bay and meadows, Barview Jetty, Pacific
Oyster Co. in Bay City, Gales Creek Rd. , various spots around Forest Grove,
Fernhill and Jackson Bottoms. Started at 3:00am and ended at 8:38pm.

Dave Irons
Portland, OR
Sent from my iPhone