[obol] BSNWR Today

  • From: BILL ROSIE <watice@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 20:33:04 +0000

Hi Folks,
My wife and I walked around Baskett Slough today.  Interesting birds were 6 A.
White Pelicans, 1 Black Tern, and one each (males) of Northern Pintail,
American Wigeon and Blue-winged Teal.  Regarding the tern, I did see 2 of them
1-2 weeks ago, so at this date one has to wonder if they might be nesting.
They used to a decade ago, so it would not be new for the refuge.  On the loop
trail I thought I heard an Anna's Hummer.  It only did it's song once though,
and I wished it would have repeated it.  Oh well, a few always get away.

Bill Tice: Birding - The best excuse for getting outdoors, and avoiding chores.