[obol] Re: Appropriate (or inappropriate) use of playback

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chucklthomas@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 14:26:32 -0700

Charles,

Too bad you didn't just call up Barb Griffin as I suggested on OBOL more
than once (complete with phone number, 541-756-5688).  She loves visitors
and can give instructions to her place.  The bird is being seen between her
proprerty and an adjacent neighbors.  Best spot is in the back of the
neighbors driveway which can be easily accessed if you talk to Barb, she
will take you right to the best spot to see the bird. The neighbors are OK
with visitors also, especially if Barb is with them.  Barb is retired and
spends a lot of time at home and will arrrange to hang close for visitors.
She is a long time birder and loves to have birders visit so don't be shy
calling her.  I think it makes her day in fact- having birder visitors that
is.

Bottom line is, no need to drive her neighborhood playing tapes when you
can stand right there and see it a few feet away (with patience). Please
call her though and give her a heads up.

Merry migration!
Tim R
Coos Bay