[obol] Apologies

  • From: Thom <thomwnuk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 22:57:03 -0800

I'd like to apologize to everyone that I may have offended in any number of
ways, that was by no means my intent.

Just to clarify my comments; which I could have done a better job with.

I didn't say we should replace OBOL, my comments were about adding
complimentary solutions for those interested as Dave Irons eloquently put it.

I did however say the technology is dated but i didn't say it wasn't useful; I
think I actually said the opposite but it doesn't matter. Your perceptions are
real and I struck a nerve, rightly so, for that I'm sorry.

In my day job, I have to deal with what's coming based on what our children's
reality is. It's about multiple generational changes, not just 1 or 2. Some
kids today will be Birders of tomorrow and most under the age of 20 no longer
use email or use it sparingly. It's amazing how well connected they are and use
a variety of devices and apps. What we may perceive to be complex or overkill
is like using email to them; so, everyone is right.

Change will occur but my traditional hammer still works just as well as the
power hammers do. Both get the job done.

I may not have been birding as long as many of you but have a sense many of us
are from the same generation with varying degrees of experiences. My intent was
to offer another viewpoint for anyone interested.

Again, I apologize if I offended anyone or brought back some old debates that
you thought were behind you.

Good Birding & Happy Holidays.

-tom

To post: send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx