[obol] Another Moderator Reminder

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 14:22:56 -0700

Folks,

It has come to my attention that another reminder is needed. It is extremely helpful, and I would say pretty much a requirement, to include the LOCATION you are reporting from in the SUBJECT line so folks can quickly scan where the reports are coming from.

If someone is pointing this out to me as the moderator, then it means that we aren't doing what we should be doing.

I realize some people are sending messages from smartphones which might mean that typing a lot is a pain, but it does not hurt to at least include the county you are in (Tim Rodenkirk's posted are a perfect example of doing it right - he always writes "Coos birds" or "Curry birds...." I highly recommend following this type of example).

Now, I will test to see if all 1000 of you are paying attention to the moderator's post. I will be paying attention to subject lines over the next few days, and if you aren't posting some info on the location, I will suspect that you saw a 'moderator reminder' and blew it off because you didn't think it pertained to you.....I will be watching and taking note.......:-) ........please read the moderator's post, especially if you don't want my wrath........:-)

Cheers
Dave Lauten