[obol] Re: Anna's hummer range expansion

  • From: Linda Fink <linda@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOLINKS <OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 09:42:54 -0800

The first ever Anna's here on our farm (since we moved here in 1977) was this Nov. 2015, a young male according to the obol experts who looked at my photos. For the last week and a half, an adult male Anna's has been visiting my nectar feeders every day. He hovers outside the window if I don't get the feeder back out in the morning early enough (by 7 a.m.). We are at the SW edge of Yamhill Co. 1/2 miles north of the Polk Co. line, outside Grand Ronde, in a valley between coast range mountains. It has been low 20s every morning for the last week.

Linda Fink
--
http://lindafink.blogspot.com/
http://lindafink-birdnotes.blogspot.com/