[obol] Re: Anna's Hummingbird? Yamhill County near Grand Ronde

  • From: 5hats@xxxxxxxx
  • To: joel geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:41:21 -0800 (PST)

Linda, Joel, et al,
Here at Thornton Creek (interior Coast Range, Lincoln County) Anna's is still a
"good" bird. I don't see one every year. In fact, I have probably only seen one
here on maybe five occasions, total. Of those five occasions, one was of an
adult male which spent about a week here one spring. The rest have all been one
day wonders of females or perhaps immature males, always in mid to late fall. I
saw one here this fall a couple of weeks back. I presume these are post
breeding dispersal birds looking for new territories. Apparently, as has been
noted, the species is a city slicker.

Darrel