[obol] Ankeny NWR Horned Larks, RN Phalaropes, etc

  • From: Roy Gerig <roygerig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 13:05:54 -0700

Tim Johnson and I walked around Pintail and Egret Marshes and checked the big
fields adjacent on either side of that complex this morning before the heavy
rain showers at ANWR.  There were as many, or more, shorebirds than I've seen
around here this spring:LEAST SANDPIPER   250+WESTERN SANDPIPER 5+BLACK-BELLIED
PLOVER 1SEMIPALMATED PLOVER 10RED-NECKED PHALAROPE 4LONG-BILLED DOWITCHER
80+probable SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHER 1KILLDEER 10+3 Streaked HORNED LARKS were in
the big field NE of Egret Marsh, heard one singingTim has submitted our
complete list (with fewer Least Sandpipers) on ebird, I say this because I
think I'm forgetting something.Roy Gerig, Salem OR