[obol] ASFL (?)

  • From: Kevin Smith <kevinsmithnaturephotos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 09:35:24 -0700

This is the first time we have had Ash-floating Flycatchers actually NEST on our property and thus the first time we have been really able to watch them closely. In all cases before this I have photographed them flying directly in to the nest with food for the kids, but now we watch them 'floating in and out' from some distance. They actually float like a butterfly and may land two to three times before landing on the nest-box, but always in this floating flight either from tree to tree or directly from up on the hill behind our house.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Kevin Smith