[obol] Re: A quickie- Coos/ Curry

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 05:57:20 -0700

Not sure where Tim saw his SEMI SANDPIPER, but we also had one on the New River spit, ocean side, south of the mouth of the river, yesterday.

Cheers
Dave Lauten and Kathy Castelein

On 8/1/2013 7:01 PM, Tim Rodenkirk wrote:
I always like to post birds on OBOL thinking that a hundred years from now, this is where some of the the scientist will be searching for whatever it is they need info on:

Joe Metzler reports a molting adult PACIFIC GOLDEN POLVER and a BAIRD'S SANDPIPER from Bandon Marsh on 7/31.

I saw a SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER at New River, Curry today- a strikingly handsome juvie. Also there were 30+ W. Sandpipers (I didn't get looks at many but the ones I did see were adults), about 20 Least Sandpipers (one a juvie), 2 Greater Yellowlegs (both juvies), 4 Semipalmated Plovers, and 7 Long-billed Dows (calling adults).

Have fun all,
Tim R
Coos Bay