[obol] A few interesting Bandon area birds of late.

  • From: <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 17:23:45 -0700

While it seems that the spring migration rush has passed, I continue to see a
few interesting birds each time I go out. This morning the highlight was a
Marbled Godwit at the creek near the boat basin. It seems that they are not
around as much as they used to be and this was a pleasant sighting for me.

A couple days ago I ran into a Willit and 3 Long Billed Curlew at the rocky
intertidal area along Jetty Rd while I was trying to get an image of the Black
Brandt flock that has been there consistently the past few days.

The highlight of this migration, however, was a Solitary Sandpiper at Redmon
Pond. That is one I have not seen before.

As always, there are images of most of my sightings on the web at
http://www.dimockanddimockphoto.com/steve/bandon-area-birds/ as well as on
Facebook under SteveDimockPhotography.

Happy Birding.
Steve