[obol] 58 Photos: Baskett Slough NWR taken on four mornings this week

  • From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 20:54:28 -0700

I went to Baskett Slough NWR four mornings this week and photographed many
birds.  I either sit in my pickup and take photos out the window or set up
my tripod near the water and wait for the birds to come to me.  Sometimes I
will sit in one spot two hours but patience usually pays off.  Photos
include: Two Bald Eagles, American Bitterns, Virginia Rails, Sora,
Blue-winged Teal Pair , Yellow-headed Blackbird, Red-winged Blackbird
Female, Canada Geese & Goslings, Cinnamon Teal Pair, Common Yellowthroat,
Ring-necked Pheasant, Savannah Sparrow, Tree Swallow and Mourning Dove.
While standing quietly near the water with my camera and tripod an American
Bittern worked it's way along the shoreline while feeding and walked by me
about 10 feet away.  Two Virginia Rails also did the same thing.  Talk
about a close up view.  The ducks also came in so close I had to switch to
my other camera with the wide angle lens.  Happy Birding, Jim Leonard

https://plus.google.com/photos/108302360004365615395/albums/6016817729479211377?authkey=CIT28OegvuT5rwE