[oagitm] The Case of the Disappearing Desktop- November 28 Security Event

  • From: "MASSE Theresa A * CIO" <theresa.a.masse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 19:18:44 +0000

OAGITM Members:

Please see the announcement below on a timely topic undoubtedly on every
organizationâs radar screen â and register early!

Regards,

Theresa A. Masse
Chief Information Security Officer
State of Oregon
Department of Administrative Services
Enterprise Security Office
503-378-4896
Data Classification 2 - Limited

Confidentiality Notice: This message, including any attachments or links, may
contain privileged, confidential and/or legally protected information.  Any
distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the
intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
this message and then delete all copies of the original communication,
including any attachments and/or links.

http://cdn-ci23.actonsoftware.com/acton/paper/1/Raised/transpix.png]

http://cdn-ci23.actonsoftware.com/acton/paper/1/Raised/transpix.png]

http://cdn-ci23.actonsoftware.com/acton/paper/1/Raised/transpix.png]

http://cdn-ci23.actonsoftware.com/acton/paper/1/Raised/transpix.png]

http://cdn-ci23.actonsoftware.com/acton/paper/1/Raised/transpix.png]

http://cdn-ci23.actonsoftware.com/acton/paper/1/Raised/transpix.png]

http://events.fedresults.com/email-file/event/header-2074.jpg]

The Case of the Disappearing Desktop:
Securing Mobile Devices and BYOD

Fifty years ago a computer filled a large room, ten years ago a computer filled
a desk, five years ago a computer filled a lap; today a computer fills your
hand.

We are experiencing the case of the disappearing desktop. Today, the desktop is
being replaced by a wireless, mobile computing platform. This is the first time
in the modern era of technology that users have more powerful and personally
owned technology than what corporate IT provides to them. There is now
significant effort to allow users to bring their own devices to perform their
work functions. There is no way to reverse this technological tsunami. From an
IT, security, and governance standpoint, we need to embrace the evolution.

Join
us<http://my.fedresults.com/acton/ct/2181/e-0280-1211/Bct/l-tst/l-tst:3/ct1_0/1>
 for an educational presentation and panel discussion featuring Theresa A.
Masse, CISO of the State of Oregon, and others as we discuss the impact, costs,
and benefits of the case of the disappearing desktop.
10:00am - 11:00am

The Case of the Disappearing Desktop - Bill Harrod, CA Technologies

11:00am - 12:00pm

Panel & Discussion: Industry Participants from Verizon/Terramark, CA
Technologies, and Theresa Masse, CISO of State of Oregon

12:00pm - 1:00pm

Q&A

.

Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2012