[oagitm] OAGITM Board Changes

  • From: Larry Harker <lharker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 12:21:14 -0800

We have some changes in the OAGITM Board of Directors.  Brian Rhodes has left
Benton to pursue other opportunities and therefore is no longer eligible to be
the OAGITM President.    The OAGITM Bylaws outline the procedure for when an
office is vacated.    The following is the Bylaw section dealing with this
change.

Section E - Vacated Offices

1.     If any office other than the President becomes vacant before official
expiration of the term, the President shall appoint a successor who meets the
qualifications of Article 5, Section C, and who shall immediately assume the
duties of that office. This appointment shall be affirmed by a majority vote
from the floor at the first conference held after the appointment. If denied, a
special election shall be held immediately by the members present, subject to
the restrictions of Article 5, Section B.

2.     Should the office of President be vacated, the President's duties shall
be assumed immediately by the First Vice President, and a new First Vice
President shall be appointed in the manner described in Article 5, Section E-1.
First President's duties shall be assumed by the Second Vice-President; Second
Vice-President's duties shall be assumed by the Secretary- Treasurer and the
new President shall appoint a new Secretary-Treasurer.

Based upon the Bylaws, I have taken on the office of President.  Kurtis Danka
has taken on the office of 1st Vice President and Jody Cline has taken on the
office of 2nd Vice President.    I have appointed Holly Miller from the City of
Wilsonville as the Secretary-Treasurer for the organization.

Larry Harker
OAGITM President
IRIS Manager
Association of Oregon Counties