[oagitm] National Cyber Security Awareness Month - free SANS videos in October...

  • From: "MASSE Theresa A * CIO" <theresa.a.masse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 15:11:20 +0000

OAGITM Members:

Please see the announcement below from SANS.  It's a wonderful opportunity to
provide a 'free' info security awareness training video for your agency to
recognize October as "National Cyber Security Awareness Month'.

Please take advantage of this great offer!  I'll provide more details on the
next 'free' video in mid October.

Regards,

Theresa A. Masse
Chief Information Security Officer
State of Oregon
Department of Administrative Services
Enterprise Security Office
503-378-4896
Data Classification 2 - Limited

Confidentiality Notice: This message, including any attachments or links, may
contain privileged, confidential and/or legally protected information.  Any
distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the
intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
this message and then delete all copies of the original communication,
including any attachments and/or links.

Great news! SANS setup a free Securing The Human video for the month of October
in support of National Cyber Security Awareness Month. We will show one video
through mid-October and a second video for the second half of October.

The first video is on Email and Spear Phishing and is technically available now
at this link:

https://www.securingthehuman.org/resources/ncsam

The second video is being voted on by various university security
professionals. So, for now, the second video will be a surprise come mid
October :)

You can freely distribute this link, free of charge. No license needed,
courtesy of SANS.

Daryl Gilbertson
National Account Manager
SANS Institute
678-714-5712 (EST)
DGilbertson@xxxxxxxx<mailto:DGilbertson@xxxxxxxx>
http://SecuringTheHuman.sans.org/<http://securingthehuman.sans.org/>

"I have never seen such high quality training, distilled to a perfected
message, and compressed into a timeframe that any organization should willingly
commit employee time to taking as a risk reduction strategy."
  - James A. (Jim) Richards III, West Virginia Chief Information Security

"We just purchased the SANS Securing the Human, which I think is the best I
have ever seen. In addition it's backed up by SANS extensive experience and
knowledge base in infosec."
- Karen McDowell, Ph.D., Information Security Analyst, University of Virginia