[oagitm] Mobile Device Policy

  • From: "Hartley, Pat" <Pat.Hartley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 15:11:05 -0700

Howdy Folks,

I know this has come up multiple times over the last couple of years, but I was
wondering if any of you had updated mobile device policies from your
organizations your would like to share.

I am especially interested in those that deal with the topics of :
- Stipends for use of personal gear
- Email use when not "on the clock", vacation etc.
- BYOD/T
- Separation of Personal and Work Information
- Device Security

You know, all those easy questions... Heck, I'll take any info you want to
share on the subject as I am finding our biggest hurdles are not the
technology, but rather the implications to HR, the Unions, and the CAO.

If I get a lot of responses, I'd be glad to put them all in one place for the
group to use.

So, thanks in advance for any info or advice you might like to offer.

~Pat

 Patrick H. Hartley
Technology Director
City of Gresham Oregon