[oagitm] Fwd: Assistive technology for dyslexia

  • From: "Julie PEARSON" <julie.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 17:16:00 -0700

Hello All- We have a couple employees who are dyslexic and as a result, there are times when their writing and email come out with tons of misspellings, missing words, typos, etc. that cannot be caught, as the mind fills in the gaps that exist.  Attached is an article that outlines some technological resources that are designed to help dyslexics.  It's a little old (2002) and from England,  I'm wondering if any of you've ever encountered similar applications?  If so, were they application that folks can use at their workstations and are they compatible with other applications such as email and office?  Thanks so much!

Julie Pearson - Ruthven, CIO
Information Services Division
Oregon Secretary of State
255 Capitol Street, Suite 103