[nyschp.dop] Re: Profiled Pyxis (or Omnicell) in Emergency Department

  • From: Koth Cassavaugh <koth.cassavaugh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nyschp.dop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 09:20:21 -0500

We are not profile
On Nov 12, 2015 7:46 AM, "Loeffler, William" <WLoeffler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Looking to see how many health-systems on this list serve have “Profiled”
pyxis machines in their ED. Profiled mode only allows the nurses to remove
a medication that has been verified by pharmacy first (with the exception
of overridable medications). We are in the process of moving toward this
model and would appreciate any helpful advice/considerations.

Thanks,

Bill

William J. Loeffler, Pharm.D., MBA

Pharmacy Manager

Buffalo General Medical Center

100 High Street

Buffalo, NY 14203

Office: (716) 859-4603

Mobile: (860) 853-8045

[image: Leading with CARE]

The *Keeping You Informed* section of Kaleida Health`s website features a
wealth of information, stories and pictures about our valued workforce and
the tremendous momentum our organization is experiencing. *Check us out
at: www.kaleidahealth.org/kyi <http://www.kaleidahealth.org/kyi>*
------------------------------
*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:* This email transmission and any documents,
files, or previous e-mail messages attached to it are confidential and
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any further review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution, or
use of any of the information contained in or attached to this e-mail
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, discard any paper
copies, and delete all electronic files of the message. . If you are unable
to contact the sender or you are not sure as to whether you are the
intended recipient, please call Kaleida HealthÂ’s Technology Assistance
Center at (716) 859-7777.