[nyschp.dop] Educating health-system decision makers on the value of pharmacist’s impact on patient outcomes.

  • From: "Robert V. DiGregorio" <rvd9002@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "nyschp.dop@freelist" <nyschp.dop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 18:39:48 +0000

Dear Fellow Directors of Pharmacy,

Many directors have expressed difficulty and frustration when trying to advance
the current pharmacy practice model at their institutions. The NYSCHP Board of
Directors has embraced this issue as part of our 2014-2015 Strategic Plan.

On behalf of of the NYSCHP Division of Pharmacy Practice, and the Professional
Affairs Committee, I would like to make you aware of a wonderful resource that
is provided by the ASHP Foundation.  This resource, found at:
http://www.ashpadvantage.com/ppmitoolkit/default.html provides guidance on how
to engage your administrators in the "C-suite" in discussions about increasing
pharmacist involvement on multidisciplinary teams. The toolkit contains
resources ranging from reading material to multi-media presentations to
webinars. There are also worksheets included to help you conduct a PPMI
self-assessment, present a SWOT analysis, and create business plans. Best of
all, the toolkit is free to use; even if you are not an ASHP member.

In addition, here is the URL link to the Report to the NYS Legislature on The
Impact of Pharmacist-Physician Collaboration on Medication-related Outcomes.
This is the "CDTM" report. You will want to quote statistics from this report
when trying to build your business plans for ambulatory care services.

I hope that you find these tools helpful. I invite you to use this toolkit, and
share any feedback and/or success stories here, on the "new and improved" DoP
listserv.

Regards,

Bob DiGregorio

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named
recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the
named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the
electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this
message.  Thank you.