[nvda-translations] tamil: encoding of nvda.po

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 14:33:20 +0000

Dear Dinakar,

I hope this email finds you in good health.

Today I committed the translation work to nvda bzr, and I noticed that
there is a small issue with ta/nvda.po

It has a utf8-bom at the start of the file, which prevents it from being
correctly updated/merged by the automatic scripts, and would also not work
for nvda.

I have fixed it, but wanted to check with you to prevent it from causing
an unintentional error. I assume you are not using poedit to translate
the nvda.po file, (I think poedit would have complained)?

Maybe you are using notepad++?
If so, when you edit and save nvda.po in the future, can you make sure
please that it has a utf8 encoding without a bom.
I dont have windows here now, but i think the option is in the encoding
submenu in the file menu.
If you cant find it I'm sure one of the team will tell us where it is.

Thank you for your good work.

Mesar