Re: [nvda-translations] leaflet to promote NVDA

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:55:36 +0100

On Fri 13/04/12,12:30, Homme, James wrote:
> I'm also hoping that I can get a friend of mine, who is great with visual
> layout to help me create a file that can
> be printed and distributed off line.

My intention was to write the document in t2t format which all translators are
familiar with, then when everything is ready
output as a LaTeX document, which can then be processed to give a pdf.
LaTeX is very well known for automatically giving great looking documents
It is mostly used by publishers to typeset scientific and mathematic books,
papers and other large resources.
Often outperforming word in terms of looks.

I am quite familiar with it, so have no problem doing that, then your friend
can check it once we have done the english
document and see if it is as good as everyone says, or if he can make something
even better for us.

> If he says he will do this, I want to put the file somewhere so that NVDA
> users can
> take it and use it to promote NVDA off line to local organizations.

Yes, once the leaflet is complete and translated, it should be available from
the nvda website, as one of the first documents
that people should read if they are new comers to the site.

> But one thing at a time.

Agreed :)

further points to be included:
* very small footprint, less than 15 mb, requires minimal resources, so will
even work fine on older hardware.
* "made by the blind, for the blind",
yes some people dont like the term blind, but it can be quite effective to tell
the
truth.

* works with internet explorer, firefox, and crome.

Thanks.
Mesar