Re: [nvda-translations] WXPython

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:24:15 +0100

Hi Marlin,

> Currently there's two wxstd.mo files to Portuguese.
> There is one file at the pt\LC_MESSAGES folder, which can work to
> pt_Br and pt_PT, and there's another copy in pt_BR\LC_MESSAGES,
> which although doesn't causes any problem, I think it's unneeded.

These files are not included in the nvda source tree, but are included because
we use wxPython.
I just checked their svn, they dont have pt_PT, only pt.po and pt_BR.po, so
maybe for the
messages that nvda use there is no difference, but for other wxPython messages
there might be
something significant.

> Do you think it can be removed?

Not easely I dont think, but Jamie/Mick would know better.
The space saving is probably not worth the effort.

Thanks,
Mesar