Re: [nvda-translations] Merging .po files

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 09:18:14 +0100

Hi,

On Sun 08/07/12,10:59, access@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are translating nvda addons in Greek. However, it seems that we
> translated an older version of one of the addons (SkypeTalking -
> actually this is not part of nvda). Is there a way to merge the old
> version and the new one so we do not have to translate the whole .po
> again?

Yes, http://www.nvda-project.org/wiki/TranslatingUsingManualProcess

msgmerge -U alreadyTranslated.po emptypofile.po

But it looks like the link for msgmerge on the webpage is broken.
If you send me the files privately I can quickly do it here in linux.

> Another question: the translations of OCR and SystrayList, is
> included in the NVDA SVN repository?

No add-ons have been added to the automatic workflow yet.
I want to upgrade the server before adding add-on support into the system, so
unfortunately it still have to be done manually.
I am hoping to work on this before next month.

Thanks,
Mesar