[nvda-addons] Re: commit/googleSpeechRecognition: parkcorp: added python-sic

  • From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 20:09:55 +0100

I could try but would be a bit worried about maybe messing things up, but send something over and I can at least have a look.

On 02/08/2013 05:03, Mesar Hameed wrote:
On Thu 01/08/13,11:17, Kevin Cussick wrote:
Sorry to jump all over this one, is there any work to try and port
the tts that android devices into an addon for Nvda?
I use the UK voice it's a male voice and is quite good would love it
if it could be ported over here.

Not currently, not that I am aware of.
I don't see why we couldn't look into it in the future, but we should
try to clear the backlog of addons first.

I don't code and like others are only lurking
over here to see what the latest dev of addons is like,
thanks for all your good work folks.

It would be really great and very welcome help if native English
speakers (non coders) could get involved with reviewing addon
documentation and  interface messages, which are basically text files
with a bit of formatting.
They can be sent as email attachments so the person wouldn't need to
learn anything about git version control or such things. All one would
have to be careful about is to be clear and concise.

Might you or anyone else be interested in helping with this?

Many hands make lite work and higher throughput.

Thanks,
Mesar
On 31/07/2013 21:59, Mesar Hameed wrote:
On Wed 31/07/13,12:00, Josh Kennedy wrote:
google speech recognition?

Yes, the chrome webbrowser has a button that can be used for entering
text into the search or other text fields, similar to android speech
text entry.
This addon reuses the google api to provide speech to text but for the
rest of your machine.

is this free?

Yes

is it for windows?

I originally wrote it for linux and thought it might be useful to people
as an nvda addon so we are working on that.

what can it do?

speech to text in multiple languages using a few shortcut keys.

It will be documented and made available as soon as its ready for
testing.

thanks,
Mesar