[nvda-addons] Re: commit/addonTemplate: norrumar: Support for addons documentation: initial commit.

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 11:18:50 +0200

It is probably safe to say that installTasks.py from addonTemplate
should always install the help to the help submenu.
If the addon needs anything else in the menues then the addon writer can
do that in his code. We can probably help him, but thats probably a
different task.

So what I am thinking is this:
* addon writer copies all of the template.
* he puts his addon in addon folder without any change to the code.
* creates readme and puts html in doc folder
* when he builds/installs automatically installTasks finds the addon
* name from buildvars and creates an item in the menu with the addon
* name.

If he needs options then he can extend the default installtasks or
whatever is needed.

Logical?

thanks,
Mesar