[nvda-addons] Re: Voices varients etc

  • From: Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 07:45:23 -0400

I would like to be able to tweak the klatt voices. Oh yes and I also would like to see an easier way of modifying espeak's intonation file because I tried and for some reason it is still speaking the same. If I could modify that intonation file then you could between modding intonation and modding voice variants including klatt, you could make a legal open source clone of whatever proprietary synth you wanted!

On 9/30/2014 6:40 AM, Brian's Mail list account BY wrote:
There seems to be a lot of interest in tweaking the voices of espeak, either with or without the latest potential updates to the klat engine. I notice that a ticket to add some way to do this in an easy way has been closed due to the potential havoc that this might cause, but maybe somone on here could write an add on to allow this to be done in a more friendly way. As long as it is made clear that incorrect use could ruin the settings, then I'm fine with it. certainly I always keep a copy of the default voices etc and then I can restore them at will from a portable copy.

Making voices louder can to some extent be done if you look at my Quincy2 in ticket 4400 you will see how to achive this, but whether it will work with the new improved engine, I have no idea. It works with most voices, but do be carefull not to run the output into clipping as this sounds extremely bad!

Brian

bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-