[nvda-addons] Re: Using mr

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 02:36:57 +0000

Hi Bernd,

On Mon 24/11/14,21:34, Bernd Dorer wrote:
> I tryed to install mr. I did the following:
> 1. I installed pearl.
> 2. in cmd I wrote curl -o mr
> https://raw.github.com/mhameed/myrepos/master/mr
> It seams the file was downloaded but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Looks like:
1. Curl doesn't consistantly follow redirections (maybe a bug).
2. Github is now serving their raw content from a Different domain.

curl -v -o mr https://raw.github.com/mhameed/myrepos/master/mr
* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
* Connected to raw.github.com (185.31.18.133) port 443 (#0)
[... cut ssl handshake]
> GET /mhameed/myrepos/master/mr HTTP/1.1
> Host: raw.github.com
> Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
< Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 02:15:22 GMT
* Server Apache is not blacklisted
< Server: Apache
< Location: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mhameed/myrepos/master/mr
[cut]

so the new command should be:

curl -o mr https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mhameed/myrepos/master/mr

i.e. instead of raw.github.com it is raw.githubusercontent.com

> 3. Then I wrote mv mr /usr/bin/
> An Error told me there isn't mr.

yep, because unfortunately it failed to download it.
But if you run this again after the new curl line, it should be fine.

> Now I downloaded MR from your repo. Where should the file go?

It should go in the /usr/bin directory, but this is in relation to where
your environment is installed, unfortunately I cant remember how to get
the path of this in windows to enable you to copy/paste.

In any case, running the new curl line above followed by the move should
do it correctly from the commandline.

I have updated the documentation to point to the new url.

thanks,
Mesar