[nvda-addons] Re: Problems in synchronization of add-of iiles with the website

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:17:56 +1000

Oops. Originally sent this only to Mesar.

On 29/09/2014 3:50 AM, Mesar Hameed wrote:
I upload to add-on files these add-ons:
- emoticons 2.0-dev.
- eMule 2.0-dev.
- placeMarkers 4.0-dev (updated).
- readFeeds 2.0-dev.
- teamViewer 2.0-dev.
I have tested that, at least some of them, don't appear in the website.
They seem to be working fine for me. Note that the cron job which pulls new add-on files only runs every hour. However, if I understand correctly, this was also the case on Mesar's server. I filed a ticket about getting this to happen immediately a week or so ago:
http://community.nvda-project.org/ticket/4466

You are right, it seems that a symlink is missing or has the wrong
permissions on the server,
A symlink isn't required. The web server knows about /files and serves requests from ~nvdal10n/mr/addons/addonFiles.

BTW, the processes
http://addons.nvda-project.org/processes is not found now.
Apache use to check the browser and offer the best available language
match,
It still does for the root directory. I didn't think I needed to do this for any other files, as the links generated by the site all point at the files for the chosen language. That is, links like:
http://addons.nvda-project.org/processes
never actually appear on the site. So what generates these indirect links/why are they required?

Jamie

--
James Teh
Executive Director, NV Access Limited