[nvda-addons] Fwd: RE: soft voice tts for NVDA

  • From: Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:27:02 -0400

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        RE: soft voice tts for NVDA
Date:   Tue, 30 Sep 2014 22:07:14 +0000
From:   info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     joshknnd1982@xxxxxxxxx

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the instructions, I can get the SoftVoice TTS engine to work.
Unfortunately, I cannot access certain functions which would tell me the
original licensee but I believe it was a company called Willow Pond.  As far as
I know, they are no longer in business so I will have to try to find the
original contract to see if this use is authorized.  I will also try to contact
the individual that wrote the NVDA interface to our TTS engine. My intent is
not to restrict access to our engine, just to make sure that whoever is
publishing software that uses it follows our licensing restrictions and
provides proper links back to us.  The SoftVoice TTS engine is not in the
public domain or subject to GNU-type open licensing and we want to maintain
control over how it is distributed.

Regards,
Joseph

On 9/27/2014  3:17 PM Josh Kennedy wrote:<br>to make soft voice work, before
you switch to the tts engine, first go