[nvda-addons] Re: Doing amazing things with Golden Cursor

  • From: "David Moore" <jesusloves1966@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 20:19:09 -0400

Hi,
Golden cursor add on is on the add ons page
www.addons.nvda-project.org
Take care,
David Moore
I really hope people use and improve on this add on, because it has such great potential, being able to move the mouse pointer around the screen just like we do the system carrot.
Take care, all.
David Moore

-----Original Message----- From: Dark Count
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2016 1:45 PM
To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [nvda-addons] Re: Doing amazing things with Golden Cursor

Where is this add on?

I thought NVDA's mouse support was already superior but this sounds
almost like hot spot clicker for jaws.

Thanks,

D C

On 7/22/2016 3:08 PM, David Moore wrote:

Hi all,
I just wanted to tell you that I am doing great things with the latest version of Golden Cursor. I am saving the X,Y position for many buttons in my security software, and I am getting the mouse pointer to those buttons and using my security software to do things that I never could do. Thank you all for Golden cursor, and please keep it as an add-on. It is getting to be one of my favorite add ons, because I am moving the mouse pointer with the arrow keys almost as well as moving the system carrot. I am using the mouse totally 50 percent of the time with golden cursor. I know a blind person who is working with a company to get the job accessible. I went there yesterday, and used NVDA and Golden cursor from a flash drive to show the employer how this person can totally do his job with Golden cursor and other add ons and the capability of NVDA to work so well with the mouse. He is getting the job, because I went there and showed the head tech people just what can be done with Golden cursor and NVDA. I am being called by companies to prove to them that their software is accessible. I am showing that it is more accessible with NVDA than it is with JAWS, and I am working with Ohio’s state agencies to tell people about NVDA instead of just buying JAWS for people. I am will put on a presentation for the Ohio Disability associates, and people from all over Ohio will be there. This will happen in October. I will be showing the State of Ohio just what NVDA can do with all of its addons. I am open to any help, suggestions, and all advise you have to give me. I will send this same email to Joseph Lee privately. This is a huge opportunity for me to show off NVDA before many people who run the State of Ohio Disabilities. Commission.
Thank you for what you are doing with all of the addons.
David Moore