[nvda-addons] Control Usage Assistant: when will 1.0 make its debut...

  • From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 01:47:04 -0700

Hi list,
Would like to receive your recommendation on when CUA 1.0 should be released:
As I'm leaving the States in mid-June for a three week trip, I'd like
to release 1.0 before then. The question is when, with possible dates
being next week or early June.
* If I release the ad-on next week, this would mean a 1.1 update will
be released in mid-June right before I leave the country (1.1 will
mostly be new translations). This may mean some manual file copying
(translations).
* If I go for early June release, then I'll be release a release
candidate with updated translations next week (for two reasons: to
give more people a chance to give us feedback and to test the
development of needed system back-end).
From conversations with NVDA developers and from user testing, it
seems I may have to delay releasing the add-on until early June (Mesar
recommended waiting until the back-end is working). However, since
finals are approaching (I'm a college student) and since some people
want to test the add-on in new languages, I would like to see the
add-on released as soon as next weekend (all the code is there; all we
need is new translations). Thus, as an add-on writer, I'd like to get
your recommendation as to when the add-on should go live.
Also, to ease burden on translators, the URL for the add-on will
change right before release (about three days before) to the old URL
so the URL won't change between releases.
Thanks.
Cheers,
Josephb