[nvda-addons] Re: CUA 2.0-dev - list of form controls that requirefocus mode to operate in virtual buffer

  • From: "Brian Gaff lists account" <bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 10:56:49 +0100

Hi should this have been posted in this thread as the blog post is about the mail list issue?

One little thing about edit areas and focus mode generally. I've experienced strange behaviour in nvda in those edit areas where text is given as well as an edit area. IE I'm not talking about the label beside the fiield but the actual area seems to have text in it. Often its very hard to determine whether nvda has in fact gon into focus mode here, often it fails to and one has to hit space or whatever or jiggle the cursor about to get it to switch.
Brian

This account only receives email from the list. Please direct any personal email to
briang1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Replies to this address vanish into a hole....
Unless Brian Gaff is in the To line display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "fatma mehanna" <fatma.mehanna@xxxxxxxxx>
From: derek riemer <driemer.riemer@xxxxxxxxx
To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Tue, 28 May 2013 21:52:03 -0600
Subject: [nvda-addons] Re: CUA 2.0-dev - list of form controls
that requirefocus mode to operate in virtual buffer

Nope not that I can think of.  Could you do something about help
messages
for mouseing over something?
On 5/28/2013 18:32, Lewis Moffett wrote:
 Radio buttons need to have custom messages.

 On Tuesday, May 28, 2013, Joseph Lee wrote:

     Hi,
     One of the requests i received was custom help messages for
form
     fields when in browse mode - that is, a message reminding
users to
     switch to focus mode before interacting with the form field.
The ones
     I can think of are edit fields and combo boxes.  Are there
other fields
     that needs the custom message?
     For instance, in an edit box, depending on the mode you're
in,
     you'll get:
     * Focus mode: Type text here.  To switch to browse mode,
press
     NVDA+SPACE.
     * Browse mode: To type text, switch to focus mode with
NVDA+SPACE.

     Thanks.
     //JL

     "unsubscribe" (without quotes) to
     nvda-addons-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <javascript:;>.

     If you have questions for list moderators, please send a
message
     to nvda-addons-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <javascript:;>.

     Community addons can be found here:
http://addons.nvda-project.org

 --
 Louie Moffett

--

  Good day.

Derek Riemer
Member of the Ralston Valley marching band, Boy Scout troop 583,
co-founder of Braille it 4u, a business that promotes accessible
materials in both digital, braille, and large print form.
-------

  Contact info:

cell-phone: (303) 906-2194
Email: driemer.riemer@xxxxxxxxx