[NTA] FW: [hunet] HBCU STEM Fellowship Program--Time Sensitive [2 Attachments]

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5560)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:12:30 -0500

________________________________
Subject: HBCU STEM Fellowship Program--Time Sensitive
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:00:00 -0400
From: jwmgrady@xxxxxxx
To:
TIME IS RUNNING OUT TO APPLY FOR THE MAXIMUM $77,000.00 HBCU STEM FELLOWSHIP -
DEADLINE MARCH 19, 2010

The application should be completed and sent in by March 19, 2010. The
remaining required documentation can be sent in later. Applications can be sent
by fax, email or mail. Once again, all the supporting documents are not needed
to file the application.

The Historically Black College or University (HBCU) Fellowship Program is only
offered to students who have graduated from a HBCU on or after January 1, 2008
and gain admission into Masters' level programs in STEM areas of study at
colleges and universities in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware or Washington,
DC .
STEM, of course, refers to the areas of science, technology, engineering, and
mathematics but does not include majors linked to direct patient care. In
addition to financial support we monitor the progress of the students,
providing retention-related supportive services  to nurture the next generation
of scientists, researchers  and engineers.
Applicants accepted into the program will receive up to $77,000 for tuition,
fees, academic and living expenses for two years. In addition there is no
residency requirements except the applicants must be a citizen or permanent
resident of the U.S.  This Fellowship Program is administered by the
Educational Advancement Alliance (EAA) and sponsored by the National Nuclear
Security Administration (NNSA), a U.S. Department of Energy agency.
For HBCU students initially matriculating in academic year 2008-2009 we awarded
39 two-year Fellowships. We are fortunate to have available a minimum of 40
additional two-year Fellowships for HBCU students initially matriculating in
academic year 2009-2010, and we are now vigorously  recruiting applicants for
next year's program.
I have attached a Fact Sheet on the Fellowship Program and an application.
Also, please visit our website, www.GradOpp.org , to gain additional Fellowship
Program-related information.

Donald A. Redmond
HBCU STEM Fellowship Program