[NTA] FW: New Investing in Innovation Competition (I3) Announced

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5050)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:33:53 -0500

From: owner-dcnec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-dcnec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dowling, Marie T.
(GSFC-160.0)[PENN STATE UNIVERSITY]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 2:46 PM
To: nasama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; nasact@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
nasari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; nasanj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
nasanh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; nasame@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
nasapa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; nasavt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
nasany@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; nasade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
nasadc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: FW: New Investing in Innovation Competition (I3) Announced

Dear STEM Colleagues;

The U.S. Department of Education recently announced the new Investing in
Innovation Competition (I3) last week.  Details are online at
http://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/second-round-i3-provides-150-million-continue-scaling-validating-and-developing.
  This competition is for $150M, and this year the Dept of Education has added
an absolute priority for programs that focus on STEM education and is seeking
STEM-knowledgeable reviewers for this competition.  Further details are online
at http://www2.ed.gov/programs/innovation/2011/call-for-peer-reviewers.html.

GSFC looks forward to supporting and working with our STEM colleagues planning
to submit an application to the I3 competition for programs that focus on STEM
education.  Many of you have partnered with GSFC delivering a variety of high
quality STEM education opportunities.  Please feel free to contact us directly
if you have questions or need assistance.

Dean Kern, Deputy
Office of Education
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Bldg 28 - NC165