[NTA] FW: FIRE NSBE Jr. Kickoff - Sat. Sept 10 at 12:30 pm

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5050)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:57:31 -0500

From: owner-nsbe-gpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-nsbe-gpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Reynolds, Renee M.
(GSFC-5610)
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:24 PM
To: nsbe-gpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: FW: FIRE NSBE Jr. Kickoff - Sat. Sept 10 at 12:30 pm

[cid:image002.jpg@01CC67F6.B0F4F100]
SCIENCE & TECH STUDENTS ARE INVITED!
FIRE NSBE Jr. Kickoff: September 10, 2011 12:30pm

To All Math Science & Technology Educators, Advocates, Parents and Students:

Greetings on behalf of the Future Innovative Rising Engineers (FIRE) National
Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) Jr. Chapter!

We invite you and your students to attend the 2011-2012 Kickoff Chapter Meeting
that will be held on

Saturday, September 10, 2011, 12:30-2:30pm
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Visitor's Center in Greenbelt, MD.

The FIRE NSBE Jr. Chapter was founded by the NSBE Alumni Extension Greenbelt
Space Chapter (GSC) at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in 2007 to further
the NSBE Mission:

 "To increase the number of culturally responsible black engineers who excel
academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community".

The overall goal of FIRE NSBE Jr. is to help prepare NSBE Jr. Students for
college and ultimately a technical career.  Through strategically developed
activities culminating in engineering competitions, NSBE GSC engineers have
helped FIRE NSBE Jr. students become intellectually stimulated in the interest
in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields, or STEM fields.
Last year FIRE NSBE Jr. came in 3rd place in the regional NSBE Engineering
Design Competition and went to the national finals of the Team America Rocketry
Challenge.  FIRE NSBE Jr. Students have also discovered how STEM relates to the
world around them and have become excited about the attainment of academic
excellence, leadership, technical development and teamwork.  Please invite all
interested students to our FIRE NSBE Jr. Kickoff chapter meeting and post the
attached flier and meeting information in your building and classroom.  YOUR
HELP IS INVALUBLE in reaching the students who are interested in STEM careers
and fun-filled engineering related activities.

During our first meeting on Saturday, September 10, 2011, 12:30-2:30 pm at the
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Visitor's Center in Greenbelt, MD we will have
introductions and discuss engineering activities, parent support groups, and
participation in NSBE PCI Conferences in Baltimore, MD and Pittsburg, PA.

We also look forward to meeting you in person and building successful
partnerships with all educators, administrators, parents, and students.  If you
are able to attend this upcoming Kickoff chapter meeting, or have valuable
resources to share with the FIRE NSBE Jr. Chapter, please let us know.  Pass it
on....

Sincerely,
Kamili Jackson

Dr. Kamili Jackson
301.904.9641 (cell, feel free to call or text)
pcichair@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pcichair@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
www.nsbe-gsc.org<http://www.nsbe-gsc.org>
Pre-College Initiative Chair NSBE Greenbelt Space Chapter
FIRE NSBE Jr. Advisor

PNG image

JPEG image