[NTA] FW: 2010 NASA / Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab (APL) Internship Application now at APLapp.com (deadline 2/22/10)

  • From: "Ericsson, Aprille J. (GSFC-5560)" <aprille.j.ericsson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:20:16 -0600

Hello,

I am pleased to announce the launch of the 2010 NASA / Johns Hopkins Applied
Physics Laboratory (APL) application.  It is online and available at
http://www.Aplapp.com.

Since 2004, the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) has
offered summer projects to students interested in working on NASA missions or
space-related research opportunities at APL.  Students participating in the
2010 NASA/APL Internship Program will work at APL, and will contribute to
current and future missions during their assignments in the Space Department.
APL's Civilian Space Business Area makes critical contributions to the missions
of its major sponsor, NASA, to meet the challenges of space science.  They
conduct research and space exploration; develop and apply space science,
engineering, and technology--including the production of one-of-a-kind
spacecraft, instruments, and subsystems; and focus primarily on the science
discipline of space physics and planetary science.  The Laboratory has built
instruments and spacecraft to destinations such as Pluto, Mercury, the Sun and
our moon.  Continuing these challenges, APL is supporting NASA as it implements
initiatives to explore the reaches of our solar system.  The 399-acre campus,
20 miles north of Washington, DC, is home to 4,100 men and women who work on
more than 400 programs that protect our homeland and advance the nation's
vision in research and space science.

Timeline
Below are relevant deadlines.

 *   Jan 25 - Application Launched
 *   Feb 22 - Application Deadline
 *   Mid March - Selections Complete

Eligibility
Students participating in the NASA/APL Internship Program must:

 *   have a demonstrated interest in the space program
 *   be a sophomore, junior, senior, or first or second year graduate student
in Fall 2010
 *   be in high academic standing (GPA of 3.0 or greater)
 *   be a U.S. citizen
 *
Thank you,

Johnny Erickson